The Annual Activity Report outlines the important work delivered by SafeWork SA in administering legislation in relation to work health and safety, public safety and state-based industrial relations services within South Australia.
The report is prepared and submitted to the Treasurer for tabling in Parliament after the end of each financial year and made available on our website from November.
The first report was released in 2019 in response to a recommendation by the Independent Commissioner Against Corruption’s (ICAC) evaluation into the operations of SafeWork SA.
Key performance facts:
- our Customer Service Centre answered over 45,000 calls
- 96% of calls were responded to in less than 3 minutes
- over 126,000 searches were conducted on our online library catalogue
- the agency processed more than 45,000 licence applications
- our inspectors completed 15,510 compliance and enforcement visits
- our inspectors issued 703 prohibition notices and 2,441 improvement notices
- 89% of complaints and notifications were finalised within 6 months.
Annual reporting summary and financials
The Department of Treasury and Finance Annual Report includes SafeWork SA's annual reporting summary and financials.