The builders of the pipeline must provide us with the following information:
- name of the pipeline's intended owner and operator
- pipeline specifications (length, diameter, maximum operating pressure, maximum operating flow)
- intended procedures for the operation, maintenance, renewal and relaying of the pipeline
- any public places that the pipeline will cross (a geographical map, detailing start and finish locations, underground/above ground sections)
- intended emergency response procedures.
This information must be provided:
- before the building of the pipeline commences
- before the pipeline is commissioned
- before the pipeline is likely to contain a hazardous chemical
- if there are changes to the information already supplied
- before a pipeline is repaired
- before any removal, decommissioning, closure or abandonment of the pipeline occurs.
The pipeline operator must notify us of the:
- supplier of the hazardous chemical
- receiver of the hazardous chemical
- correct classification of the hazardous chemical.
Notification must be made in writing to:
Chemical Hazards and Explosive Materials Team
GPO Box 465
Adelaide SA 5001