We are South Australia's workplace health and safety regulator.
- advice and education on work health and safety
- provide licences and registration for workers and plant
- investigate workplace incidents
- enforce the work health and safety laws in South Australia.
Advice & education
Our Help Centre provides a valuable education and information service on licensing and work health & safety, receiving over 45,000 calls and emails from customers per year. The most common enquiries are related to:
Our advisory service offers a free service to help you to better understand your responsibilities and keep yourself and your workers safe. Our advisors will come to your workplace and tailor the advice to suit your industry, size, risk and complexity.
Our inspectors visit business to ensure those with a duty of care fulfil their obligations to provide workers and others with a safe workplace. Our inspectors:
- conduct regular workplace inspections
- perform proactive compliance audits
- respond to incidents that have exposed or caused injury to a person.
We have released our first Annual Activity Report and our priorities and goals are outlined in our Strategic Plan. Safe Work Australia's National Compliance and Enforcement Policy sets out our approach to compliance and enforcement activities.