This tutorial aims to give a new workers an understanding of the basic health and safety issues you may face at work.
- Read the safety information provided on each page. You can use the navigation to jump from topic to topic.
- When you have completed all of the readings you are ready to take the quiz.
- Complete your name and email address.
- Answer each question (some questions will have multiple correct answers so select each correct answer).
- Once you submit your answers you will receive you score and an email confirming that you have completed the Safety Check.
Note on terminology: In this tutorial we have tried to keep the terminology to a minimum and use words that you may be more familiar with, rather than that used in work health and safety legislation. For example, in the tutorial, we refer to your 'employer' rather than Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) which is the term used in WHS legislation.