We approve and administer accredited assessors who conduct assessments for classes of high risk work.

To become an Accredited Assessor, you need to:

  • provide evidence of your experience
  • pass a test
  • agree to set conditions.

The document that details SafeWork SA's requirements for a person that is considering accreditation as an assessor of high risk work is currently under review.

If you have an interest in becoming accredited, please email us your contact details and request for information and we will be in contact.

Please note that for SafeWork SA to accept your application, the form must be fully filled out with correct information, and all supporting documentation must be included with the form.

Assessor licence - Application for accreditation $1,375 3 years
Accredited assessor licence - Replacement $128 until next renewal


Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) provide training for classes of high risk work, load shifting, and a wide range of other areas. Accredited Assessors must be affiliated with an RTO to perform assessments. RTOs are administered by the Australian Skills Quality Authority in South Australia.